Northwest Christian Credit Union is here today because of the vision of a few Christian doctors at Samaritan Hospital. These doctors had the vision to see beyond the medical needs of their patients, and see the need for financial assistance as well.
The Nampa Fellowship Federal Credit Union was housed in an office in the basement of the Samaritan Hospital until 1957, when it was moved down the street to the front porch of the manager’s home.
In 1975, the credit union changed its name to Nazarene of Nampa Federal Credit Union and expanded its field of membership to include the Intermountain District Church of the Nazarene and NNC students and alumni.
In 1999, the organization changed its name to Nazarene Financial Credit Union. The credit union also converted from its federal charter to a state charter and from federal insurance to private insurance. In the process the credit union expanded its field of membership to include Nazarenes throughout the nation.
In September 2004, we became Northwest Christian Credit Union. The credit union expanded its membership to allow an even greater number of Christians to participate in the credit union. Other schools, churches and ministry organizations common in matters of faith became eligible for membership.
Northwest Christian Credit Union established its first branch location in Boise. The credit union continued to expand its church lending activities in the Treasure Valley and throughout the region. Through shared branching, the credit union now offers over 5000 branch service centers for members nationwide.